Here's how to keep all that political news in perspective...
1. The Wall Street Journal is read by the people who run the country.
2. The Washington Post is read by people who think they run the country.
3. The New York Times is read by people who think they should run the country and who are very good at crossword
puzzles (and sudoko).
4. USA Today is read by people who think they ought to run the country but don't really understand The New York
Times. They do, however, like their statistics shown in pie charts.
5. The Los Angeles Times is read by people who wouldn't mind running the country, if they could find the time
-- and if they didn't have to leave Southern California to do it.
6. The Boston Globe is read by people whose parents used to run the country and did a poor job of it, thank you
7. The New York Post is read by people who don't care who is running the country as long as they do something
really scandalous, preferably while intoxicated.
8. The Miami Herald is read by people who are running another country, but need the baseball scores.
9. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch is read by people who want only the score of the Cardinals game. They drink Budweiser,
Budweiser, and -- wait a minute -- what was the question?
10. The San Francisco Chronicle is read by people who aren't sure if there is a country or that anyone is running
it; but if so, they oppose all that they stand for. There are occasional exceptions if the leaders are handicapped minority
feminist atheist dwarfs who also happen to be illegal aliens from any other country or galaxy, provided of course, that they
are not Republicans.
11. The National Enquirer is read by people trapped in line at the grocery store.
12. The Seattle Times is read by people who have recently caught a fish and need something to wrap it in.
13. The Nashville Tennessean is read by those wanting to know which country star is on the Grand Ole Opry next
14. The journals of A. C. Gray are read by the most beautiful, discerning, intelligent
people with Mensa IQs from all over the world!